Museum and physical store CLOSING

Talk about Matt! Share your articles, photos, and stories about Matt here.

Moderators: 17 Fan in VA, CharlieWithAnR, TigerUSA, Special K 17+3

Museum and physical store CLOSING

Postby wibadgervbfan » Wed May 03, 2017 8:43 am

In case people haven't heard, either through an e-mail or the Facebook page, the Museum and physical store in Cambridge will be closing on June 11th. Here is the post on Facebook:

MATT KENSETH MUSEUM & RETAIL STORE CLOSING IN CAMBRIDGE
The Matt Kenseth museum and retail store, located at 210 W. Main Street in Cambridge, Wis., will close on Sunday June 11, 2017, after more than 13 years in business.
The museum is currently open on Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. through May 30. Additional scheduling for June has not yet been determined.
The family owned and operated museum broke ground at a custom-built location just west of downtown in 2004, just after Kenseth won the NASCAR Cup Series championship. Since the beginning, the museum has offered a place for Kenseth’s fans to enjoy the many trophies, race cars, and other unique items the Cambridge native has accumulated over his illustrious NASCAR career.
“Cambridge has always been and will always be my hometown,” said Kenseth. “I have a lot of pride in where I come from, and I am thankful I have been able to share not only my racing career but also where I grew up with so many fans through the years. The museum had a great run, 13 years, which is probably more than we ever dreamed of when we first opened the doors.”
Kenseth’s online store, http://www.MattKensethStore.com, and the Matt Kenseth Fan Club, now in its 22nd year, will continue to operate with the oversight of Kenseth’s sister, Kelley Busse, who has managed the store and the fan club since their inception.
“We have made a ton of memories through the years with fans who have come from all over the nation, and even other countries, to visit us in Cambridge,” said Busse. “I have been working in the family business since I was 14 years old, and will continue to do so with our online store and fan club. Like Matt, I’m not thinking about retirement, but I am excited to take some weekends off to see him race.”
For information about store hours in June, please visit MattKenseth.com or MattKensethStore.com. As always, we continue to appreciate your online shopping business and Fan Club memberships!

So if you are in the area before then, make sure to stop by to see some of Matt's memorabilia before it is too late.
wibadgervbfan
Has Been

Re: Museum and physical store CLOSING

Postby Wendell » Sun May 07, 2017 3:19 pm

I didn't see this so thanks for posting it.
New team, new year, new attitude. I feel a Championship coming on!!!
Wendell
TV Commentator

Postby wibadgervbfan » Sun May 07, 2017 5:54 pm

Wendell wrote:I didn't see this so thanks for posting it.

You're welcome.
wibadgervbfan
Has Been

Postby Marissa » Sat May 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Aw man. And this after they had just moved to a new location. I'm sad I never got to visit it. :(
Marissa
Legend

Postby wibadgervbfan » Tue May 16, 2017 12:55 pm

Marissa wrote:Aw man. And this after they had just moved to a new location. I'm sad I never got to visit it. :(

I liked it better at the old location. More room so everything wasn't as jammed packed. Also had a parking lot, instead of having to park on the street.
wibadgervbfan
Has Been

Postby wibadgervbfan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:18 pm

Reminder that this is the last weekend the store and museum will be open.
wibadgervbfan
Has Been

Postby Steve Ole Fire Dawg » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:17 pm

Marissa wrote:Aw man. And this after they had just moved to a new location. I'm sad I never got to visit it. :(

This is the new economy for you...do as much as you can online and continually evaluate the profit margin of the brick and mortar store. Once they become a drain; close the store front and move on with a good online advertising foundation...Not that I like it, or espouse it, but what else are we to do...we cannot stick our heads into the sand and pretend it does not exist...It's life, Jim, but not as we know it- ‘Star Trekkin’’, sung by The Firm
Steve Ole Fire Dawg
NewBee

Return to All Matt, All The Time