PHOENIX HELP

Have a question about attending a race? Want to know where to camp or how to get tickets? Browse this forum or post your question here.

Moderator: CharlieWithAnR

PHOENIX HELP

Postby heavydrop82 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:28 pm

I'm heading to Phoenix in Novmber for the first time and noticed that the Cardinals have a home game that Sunday of the race. I was wondering if this has happened before and if anyone knows how bad the traffic will be Sunday morning seeing how both venues are in the same general vacinity.
Matt Kenseth....putting the "Racing" back in N-A-S-C-A-R!!
heavydrop82
Young Gun

Re: PHOENIX HELP

Postby judeeztime » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:40 am

Gary is our resident Phoenix expert. I do know that the track is west of Phoenix in Avondale. Not sure where the football stadium is, but do not think it's anywhere near the track. (used to be only goat farms around the track).
judeeztime
Has Been

Postby Gary » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:22 pm

That's happened before, and we didn't even notice it at the track. Are you staying in Phoenix? The traffic from downtown out might be a little worse, but other than that, I wouldn't worry. Glendale is a pretty good distance from the track.
Gary
Legend

Postby heavydrop82 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:37 pm

Yes sir, I'm staying in Phoenix! Good deal....I'm always ready for race traffic, I was just wondering if it was anything out of the normal from that!! (lol) Guess the best bet as always is leave early!! Thanks for the help folks!
heavydrop82
Young Gun

Postby heavydrop82 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:11 pm

Making the trip out for this Novembers race again and was just wondering if there was an area near or at the track where there are tent vendors set up?
heavydrop82
Young Gun

Postby stikman2002 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Since this already says Phoenix help....... I will be going to the races March 2-3 2013. Yay me. I will be staying in Mesa, any advice on a route, and parking? Thanks
Home again. Good to be back!
stikman2002
Young Gun

Postby Gary » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:15 am

stikman2002 wrote:Since this already says Phoenix help....... I will be going to the races March 2-3 2013. Yay me. I will be staying in Mesa, any advice on a route, and parking? Thanks

If you can score a parking pass of some sort, there's a passes only road straight into the parking lot that almost ALWAYS flows at full speed right up to the track. Maybe Craig'sList, or if you're going to be there more than one day, earlier in the weekend you could try one of the many ticket sellers along side the roads leading to the track. And I wouldn't even worry if it's a slightly questionable looking pass-I've never seen anyone pulled over being checked. And of course, once you get there, you can use the pass in a good lot.
Gary
Legend

Postby stikman2002 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:10 pm

Gary wrote:
stikman2002 wrote:Since this already says Phoenix help....... I will be going to the races March 2-3 2013. Yay me. I will be staying in Mesa, any advice on a route, and parking? Thanks

If you can score a parking pass of some sort, there's a passes only road straight into the parking lot that almost ALWAYS flows at full speed right up to the track. Maybe Craig'sList, or if you're going to be there more than one day, earlier in the weekend you could try one of the many ticket sellers along side the roads leading to the track. And I wouldn't even worry if it's a slightly questionable looking pass-I've never seen anyone pulled over being checked. And of course, once you get there, you can use the pass in a good lot.

Thank you.
Home again. Good to be back!
stikman2002
Young Gun

Return to Trackside Tips