What's for dinner?

For all topics concerning cooking & food. Katie Kenseth’s recipes from the Fan Club newsletters will be reprinted here for all to enjoy.

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby Jules » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Spaghetti and meatballs. Oh yeah,Some garlic bread too.
Jules

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up
User avatar
Jules
Has Been
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:03 pm
Location: Elkhorn, WI

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby MDF3530 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:21 pm

Last night I had Steak 'n Shake. Double steakburger with cheese and fries.

Tonight I will be grilling a pork chop.
User avatar
MDF3530
Legend
 
Posts: 2069
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: Midlothian, IL

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby MDF3530 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:27 am

The pork chop smelled off when I thawed it. It'd been sitting in my freezer for a while, so I threw it out. Baked some breaded fish pieces and onion rings instead.
User avatar
MDF3530
Legend
 
Posts: 2069
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: Midlothian, IL

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby Jules » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:25 pm

With the weather cooling off, I'm getting in the mood to make some home made soup.
Jules

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up
User avatar
Jules
Has Been
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:03 pm
Location: Elkhorn, WI

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby Special K 17+3 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:03 pm

I am always in the mood for that Jules. :cheerful:

We were supposed to make blackened chicken salads, but now I think we have to go out and will probably have Chinese.
~Matt Kenseth, simply the BEST!~
And now with the trophy to prove it!!
User avatar
Special K 17+3
Pit Crew
 
Posts: 16191
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:55 pm
Location: East Tennessee VOL Country!

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby cjp » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:07 pm

Cracker Barrell !!!!
Candi
User avatar
cjp
Veteran
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:35 am
Location: Bethany Beach, DE

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby dex20 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:22 pm

MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm...I LOVE Cracker Barrel! :love:
Ellen

MATT KENSETH 2003 WINSTON CUP CHAMPION, 2004 IROC Champion, 2009 Daytona 500 Champion and 2012 Daytona 500 Champion!!!
User avatar
dex20
Pit Crew
 
Posts: 6198
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:44 pm
Location: Okotoks, Alberta Canada

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby MDF3530 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:09 am

Also the canned soups are starting to go on sale more often. The other day I bought a can of Progresso's New England clam chowder. It's the best of the canned clam chowder I can regularly find.
User avatar
MDF3530
Legend
 
Posts: 2069
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: Midlothian, IL

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby AMattKensethFan » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:20 am

MDF3530 wrote:Also the canned soups are starting to go on sale more often. The other day I bought a can of Progresso's New England clam chowder. It's the best of the canned clam chowder I can regularly find.


i agree they do make a good new England clam chowder. there use to be a place here in Stevens point that made the best corn chowder but the went out of business.
my mario cart wii number: 4897-9471-1301
my wii console's number: 33833 6927 8809 6924 (in case you want to drop me a message)
http://www.facebook.com/DerekColeman

feel free to read my blog ------> http://pointbeerfan.blogspot.com/
User avatar
AMattKensethFan
TV Commentator
 
Posts: 8435
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:26 am
Location: Stevens Point, WI

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby MDF3530 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:24 pm

AMattKensethFan wrote:
MDF3530 wrote:Also the canned soups are starting to go on sale more often. The other day I bought a can of Progresso's New England clam chowder. It's the best of the canned clam chowder I can regularly find.


i agree they do make a good new England clam chowder. there use to be a place here in Stevens point that made the best corn chowder but the went out of business.

Pepperidge Farm used to have a good New England clam chowder, but it's nearly impossible to find.

BTW, I much prefer the New England clam chowder to the Manhattan clam chowder :yuck: .
User avatar
MDF3530
Legend
 
Posts: 2069
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: Midlothian, IL

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby AMattKensethFan » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:12 am

MDF3530 wrote:
AMattKensethFan wrote:
MDF3530 wrote:Also the canned soups are starting to go on sale more often. The other day I bought a can of Progresso's New England clam chowder. It's the best of the canned clam chowder I can regularly find.


i agree they do make a good new England clam chowder. there use to be a place here in Stevens point that made the best corn chowder but the went out of business.

Pepperidge Farm used to have a good New England clam chowder, but it's nearly impossible to find.

BTW, I much prefer the New England clam chowder to the Manhattan clam chowder :yuck: .


same here i prefer the new england clam chowder ovrer the manhattan clam chowder too.
my mario cart wii number: 4897-9471-1301
my wii console's number: 33833 6927 8809 6924 (in case you want to drop me a message)
http://www.facebook.com/DerekColeman

feel free to read my blog ------> http://pointbeerfan.blogspot.com/
User avatar
AMattKensethFan
TV Commentator
 
Posts: 8435
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:26 am
Location: Stevens Point, WI

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby Kitten17Tails » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:43 am

New England clam chowder is one of my favourite winter time soups. I prefer the creamy soups in the winter as it warms me up so. Some New England clam chowder, snow, racing and football.... one of my favourite ways to spend Sunday!
Matt Kenseth is The Lord High Master of Nascar

I'm Kitten, The Vampire Slayer :kitten:
User avatar
Kitten17Tails
TV Commentator
 
Posts: 12054
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:30 pm
Location: Trapped Under Ice

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby Special K 17+3 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:31 pm

Grilled chicken wings, home made coleslaw and BEER!

My favorite summertime meal. :cheerful:
~Matt Kenseth, simply the BEST!~
And now with the trophy to prove it!!
User avatar
Special K 17+3
Pit Crew
 
Posts: 16191
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:55 pm
Location: East Tennessee VOL Country!

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby MDF3530 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:56 pm

Baking some breaded fish pieces and Ore-Ida fries. Cheaper than going to Long John Silvers. Healthier too.
User avatar
MDF3530
Legend
 
Posts: 2069
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: Midlothian, IL

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby Rae » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:52 pm

Every time I go to Long Johns, I regret the decision after just five minutes. Ick.

I made a nice lasagna this evening. My sister and her family are on the way up from South Carolina. My Dad's here, too. It's going to be a fun weekend!
:ghost: :checkeredflag: <-- I stole that from Jane
---
Please don't send me questions via PM that should be asked and answered in the open forums. Thank you.
User avatar
Rae
Crew Chief
 
Posts: 25579
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:37 pm
Location: Near Bristol!

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby Gary » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:08 pm

dex17 wrote:MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm...I LOVE Cracker Barrel! :love:


I get to go to a Cracker Barrel during our trip to Phoenix in a couple of weeks. One of the many things I enjoy about going over to that race.
Also Waffle House hash browns with EVERYTHING (including chili) on them!
Those two companies have too much sense to put up with all the rules and regulations California has on the books, so I have to wait until I'm out of state to enjoy them.
Gary
Legend
 
Posts: 4252
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:00 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby MDF3530 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Rae wrote:Every time I go to Long Johns, I regret the decision after just five minutes. Ick.

I made a nice lasagna this evening. My sister and her family are on the way up from South Carolina. My Dad's here, too. It's going to be a fun weekend!

It does go right through you, but it's so good.
User avatar
MDF3530
Legend
 
Posts: 2069
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: Midlothian, IL

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby kiley » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:21 pm

Craving homemade taco salads mmmmmmmmmm
Good Luck this year Matt and Clint!!!
User avatar
kiley
TV Commentator
 
Posts: 12970
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:57 pm
Location: Salem/Roanoke, Va

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby MDF3530 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:58 am

Grilled chicken thighs covered in some Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce, some applesauce and a bowl of baby spinach with some Italian dressing.
User avatar
MDF3530
Legend
 
Posts: 2069
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: Midlothian, IL

Previous

Return to Katie’s Kitchen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest